Sunday, July 6, 2008

Do it yourself


The first week of vacation is over and it was great… What should I do with all the spare time I have now (at least theoretically)? So I prepared a ToDo list of the things I wanted to do but did not have the time to.
One of these things is to build a small cabinet/table for my bedroom. Being an ‘old-school’ guy I took a paper a pencil in order to draw the sketch. Wrong! So not cool! Did they invent the computer for nothing?!

OK. But I do not want to have a building engineering degree and do not want to spend days on days learning a complex CAD program. Surprise… Google… I found a relatively powerful but very simple program by Google that allows drawing 3D models called SketchUp (check how a sketch of a chair is created).

After understanding the principles it took me minutes to design my desirable cabinet.


Unfortunately, I still do not have the 3D printer so I would need to build it the old way (wood, nails, hammer…). Somehow I assume it will not be as nice as it shows on the PC but I will not lose my faith. If worst comes to worst I have planty of other things on my list...

No comments: