Saturday, May 17, 2008

My first Facebook Application


I had a busy couple of weeks in which I managed to read and learn about some new technologies - Microsoft mesh, Google Friends Connect, Facebook connect and dozens of small other applications / solutions / widgets...
It seems that besides the big gorillas, there is room for many small players.

So, one very small player was born - I managed to 'release' my first Facebook (windows) application (still alpha release) - FB Notify Me – a small windows program which sits in the system tray and notifies when you have a new message or someone wants to be your friend or someone poked you.

It was a short but interesting lesson in which I learned a couple of things:
About myself - I’m definitely rusty and have several things to learn but still enjoy developing
About Facebook - The APIs allow access to many features but still somewhat limited

No comments: