Monday, April 28, 2008

My first Facebook application

First application I’ve decided to develop was facebook. For that I needed first a facebook account (am I the last one to join the network?!). Creating an account was easy and I already have some friends :-)

Creating an application is also relatively simple. After installing the developer application and following the nice tutorial . Tip: at this point don't bother too much with most of the parametes (besides the app name) as you can (and will) change them later.

Now comes a surprise - the application should be hosted and I need to find a host for it. The web is full of free hosting services so which one to choose? Again, googled a bit and found out that joyent is a good choice. After trying twice (did not get a response for my first request) I managed to have an account, just to find out that it's not so simple as it requires php and linux knowledge.

I've decided to take it one step at the time and to start with the technology I know best (.NET).

Next episode - how to develop a facebook .NET application

No comments: